Hi hi hi… So today was a very special day. Besides the fact that I am finally able to move around so much easier and without much pain, I have a very fun day of design. My morning started off with a very exciting new potential residential client. I will wait to share the goods once we start moving along but this as a designer is always the “butterflies in the belly” stage. It’s like meeting someone for a blind date. You know very little about the person and slightly about their intentions but the real deal comes when you first meet. We then decide if the relationship will progress after some deep thought (and a proposal or two …) Wow, I didn’t realize how much of a relationship expert I was! In the meantime, I am getting excited about the potential to collaborate with another amazing interior designer here in Santa Cruz. I will keep you posted on those events. ALSO, I had a super productive day with my hotel client. I can’t believe how much I have gotten done in the last year with him. We started with his own personal space, then into the lobby and now I am moving into all the rooms by custom designing furniture and getting the design dialed in. You can see the progress here and here and here and here.
Here are some updates on the lobby today:
I am pretty in love with these prints that we ordered from this Etsy shop (source).
I can’t believe how far we’ve come with this lobby. What’s left in this view is:
-metal lettering for “The Bay Front Inn” on the plank reception desk with potential for strip lighting under the concrete countertop
-Filling in the built ins with more accessories
Ya, I had to instagram the action today
These are some of the materials we are planning for the hotel rooms.
And this is a super sneak peak of my design scheme for the rooms.
Yay for productive Wednesdays! How obsessed can someone be with design?! I’m pretty obsessed.
Wow, it’s been 18 days since I last posted. That is way too long!! So here’s the scoop: Same old. Just busy working working and working. Oh and I threw my back out AGAIN!!! It’s horrible being an active person but more importantly a yoga teacher with a back injury. So I’m trying the bed rest thing but it’s not really working because I can’t sit still. Needless to say, it has reminded me how badly I need to get back on my blog.
SO… this evening I want to get started with my annual Holiday Gift Guide. I want to focus this year on DIY gifts because they are fun, generally inexpensive and way more personal. Let’s get started on specific gifts for the home:
1. Mugs in general are an awesome holiday gift for the home because who doesn’t like to sip some coffee or tea out of a fine, personalized mug?! (source)
2. Oh man, these mason jar votives are just adorable!!!! I would think that this would be more of a feminine gift for the home but you can get creative and use some cool bicycle printed paper or something a little more unisex. (source)
3. Ok, instagram is kinda a big deal these days. Yes, I have my own instagram so why not throw a few of your fave photos on some tile and call it a coaster?! (source)
4. The dipped look is one I have been fond of for some time now. You can find out about my love for it here and here. You can buy a handful of these cooking utensils and dip them in paint. I would definitely research the perfect paint and sealant that would be good for heat and washing but overall, adorable diy gift. (source)
5. And finalmente: who is daring enough to try to make their own tea?! Let me know how it turns out because I would probably poison someone. It’s an adorable idea and I hope someone does it successfully. (source)
Ok that is all… Oh wow, it feels good to get back in the blogging game. Missed you all dearly!
So, arrows are all the rage. I think they are taking the place of chevron stripes and I gotta say… I kinda dig it.
1. Arrow pillow… I also am a fan of hand painting this. (source)
2. Get out of town. I’m obsessed with this baby blanket. Why do babies get the best stuff? (source)
3. I’m loving this print from Society6. (source)
4. Rock painting! (source)
5. Linen zip bag (source)
6. Hand stamped yoga bag. Yes. (source)
7. Some reclaimed wood arrow art. (source)
Get all up on these arrows, man! Although, my one Feng Shui perspective is be cautious of the point of the arrow. I recently saw a baby mobile with arrows pointing down towards the baby… ehhh not so good. You get the point?
Also, tomorrow POPPY FARM FAIR! GOATS! BLUEGRASS MUSIC! CRAAAAAFTS!
Ok it’s now time for me to go and get prepped for this shindig. Love you all to pieces!