Tomorrow is my move in day. Woo! So much to do. It’s been so crazy because I started packing up my room about a month ago so I’ve been living in chaos for the last few weeks. I’m so ready to feel settled in again but this time in a new home. There are so many projects I want to tackle and I really can’t wait to share them with you. In the meantime, maybe I can give you some inspiration to tackle some DIYs on the 3 day weekend coming up:
1. Tinted mason jars are fun. Yes, you can go buy them already made and set but what kind of fun is that? One of the best tutorials I found online is at momtastic. It involves Mod Podge, food coloring and an oven:
2. Next up, we’ve got “easy relief printmaking” from Poppytalk. I totally tried this on a canvas a few months ago and it was so fun. I am thinking about using this process on clothing and just using fabric paint:
3. Ever wondered what to do with all your extra doilies? I bet you do. Well, EmmmyLizzzy shows us how to make a fun, fabulous lamp shade which casts some incredible shadows:
4. I am 100% inspired to have a wall of book pages in my new place. I have yet to figure out how I am going to do this without ruining the wall because I am renting. I will keep you posted on what I come up with, but in the meantime I am loving the tutorial by A Well Dressed Home because she keeps the edges fluttered which makes the space more vintage looking:
5. Ok so have you seen those really cool porcelain pottery that look beach inspired? I have been pretty obsessed with Jenna Sue in the last few days. I’ve literally spent the last 2 night catching up on her whole blog. It is so fun. She inspired me to make these cool porcelain pottery pieces with fun puffy paint. Yup, puffy paint.:
Well, enjoy the weekend and I hope to get to play with some fun DIY projects. Please share your projects with me.