Happy Monday folks! I’ve been very excited lately because I found a new place to live come September and it is quite the beach house. My design mind is overflowing with inspiration and creativity. I can’t wait to get in there and start tackling the space one project at a time.
Today, I am inspired by balconies. Our new home has a beautiful balcony which looks out onto the beach (which is 3 houses away… How did I get this lucky?!) My idea is to create a few different zones on the balcony since it is large enough. Some cozy seating, a dining space and a space for a fire pit/bbq. Check it out:
These 2 spaces inspired the modern designer in me. I love the metal chairs and rustic metal table on the left and I am loving the long rectangular outdoor dining table on the right.
How zen are these spaces? You know what makes them zen? Well besides the modern and clean elements like the dark wooden platforms on the left, the plants create a calming environment which create balance. (Image sources: here and here)
I love these 2 spaces because both seating arrangements are looking out. The one on the left brings in a lot of color through those fabulous chairs and the one on the right brings in comfort with the never ending amounts of pillows and blankets. (Image sources: here and here)
Here is a shopping list and mood board I created to help along the way:
1. Ikea’s Arholma sofa= $700
2. Ikea’s Platta Flooring= $34.99/ 9 pack
3. Urban Outfitters Cafe Chairs= $149/ set of 2
4. Anthropologie La Versha Chair= $248
5. Ikea Brommo Chair= $59.99
6. Crate and Barrel Lyle Side Chair= $199
7. Crate and Barrel Alfresco Dining Table= $599
8. Ikea Lacko Table= $49
9. Pottery Barn Tori Outdoor Rug= $129 for 3′x5′
10. Pottery Barn Palace Pillow= $39.50